Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Five Most Embarrassing Movies I Own, and My Reasons For Purchasing Them

5) The Cutting Edge.  Reason:  It's not so much embarrassing to own, it's that I, a figure skater with a love of romantic comedies and fictional roguish men, did not see this movie until I was in COLLEGE.

4) Troy:  Reason: Eric Bana as Hector, my Favorite Male Character in Greek Literature, Category: Epic Poems, Subcategory: Homer.  Also: Hector's wife Andromache, which is my number one "If I ever own a cat" name.

3)  High School Musical.  Reason: I'M SOARING, I'M FLYING.  THERE'S NOT A STAR IN HEAVEN THAT WE CAN'T REACH.  And the fact that Zac Efron's voice was "too manly" so they redubbed it with someone else's voice so he'd sound less sexually threatening.  That's right, ladies and gents: lock up your wives, daughters, husbands, and sons: THE ZEFRON'S HERE.

2) Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.  Reason: Go to hell, George Lucas.

1) The Lizzy McGuire Movie.  Reason: Because sometimes I just need to watch Hilary Duff bop around Rome pretending to be an Italian pop star.


Honorable Mention, Because My Husband Bought Them:  Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.  Reason:  None.  There is no goddamn reason to own these two movies.  It makes it worse that my husband and I own these two, but not the first one.  You know, THE GOOD ONE.

2 comments:

  1. I asked my siblings if I could take the Matrix trilogy from our parent's house. They said, "No, but you can take the last two."

    ReplyDelete