Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Things I've cried at that are embarrassing


  1. The end of Captain America
  2. The beginning of Star Trek
  3. Roughly 10 minutes of the last Harry Potter*
  4. Google's It Gets Better commercial
  5. A McDonald's Olympic commercial
  6. Extreme Home Makeover
  7. Every Jin and Sun episode of LOST*
  8. At least one episode of Revenge
  9. The series finale of Dawson's Creek
  10. Several times during The Hunger Games*

    *These things aren't embarrassing because I cried (after all, they are all well-written and intended to be emotional) but because I didn't just get teary-eyed so much as full-on ugly cry for 10+ minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how to say "It's ok" without sounding patronizing. "It's ok sweetie, Captain America will be frozen in ice only to be found alive 60 years later. I promise." See, I sound like a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post. A lot. It might be in the top 2. Also, EVERYONE cries at Extreme Home Makeover. That's not to say that I didn't also cry at over half your list. But you're on your own re Captain America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever. The end of Captain America is SAD. He and Peggy are finally going to go on a date, and then he thinks he's going to DIE and when he finds out he isn't dead, she's OLD. It's tragic, okay?

      And I always feel manipulated by Extreme Home Makeover.

      Delete